Best-Odds Baby Girl Diet
It is believed that diet can help you “sway” for a boy or a girl. A baby girl diet plan can give you something to focus on and work with as you improve your chances of welcoming a little lady into your life.
It's thought that a major thing affecting which gender you conceive is your pH level. More acid pH favors girls, so the girl diet aims to have you eat foods which increase the acidity of your pH (this lowers your pH).
I think that using diet to influence the gender of your baby is a good idea. However, I think you can and should focus on a nourishing diet overall. Be sure you're getting all essential nutrients – just choose foods that favor a girl to give you those nutrients.
It's not worth it to follow a baby girl diet that will create an unhealthy environment for your baby. All babies deserve a healthy mother so please be sensible. Don't cheat your girl out of a healthy nine months just to make her a girl.
The main priciples of a girl diet are:
Drink Lots of Milk
Generally it's said you should drink 3 glasses. For your baby's health you should drink around a quart of milk a day (continue through pregnancy). Milk from grass-fed cows is best. Whole milk has been proven to help you conceive and gives your baby fats vital to her brain development.
Keep Blood Glucose Low
Other baby girl diet sources recommend you skip breakfast to keep blood glucose low. However, blood glucose is high in the morning regardless of if you've eaten or not. Eating a high-fat breakfast like bacon and a couple of eggs is your best bet – it gives you protein which is important for your baby, and good fats which build your baby's brain. It won't raise your glucose levels.
Do not eat sugar or carbohydrates for breakfast because this will raise your blood glucose! No whole grains, either – they will raise your glucose levels just like other sugars and carbs.
Eat Acidifying Foods
- Yogurt is good. Choose organic, whole milk yogurt. Remember whole milk products have been proven to help you get pregnant faster.
- Kefir (unsweetened! You want to keep your blood sugar low. Whole milk again)
- Milk – whole milk, and grass-fed, non-homogenized is best.
- Tahani (sesame seed butter)
- Strawberries and raspberries – eat these fresh. Some girl diet books suggest eating them canned in syrup but that raises your blood glucose very high.
“Girl” Mineral Rich Foods
- Eggs – eat two of these a day as part of a TTC/Preconception diet
- Cottage cheese
- Fish (more good fats for your baby's brain)
- Water with Concentrace mineral drops added
- Some diets recommend bread and pasta for minerals, but these will raise your blood glucose.
Other Acidifying Foods
- Chicken Breast
- Cranberries (not Craisins)
Girl diet guides suggest avoiding red meat. They also suggest that you limit your daily meat. You can avoid red meat – if you do eat plenty of fish and lamb. They are much more nutritious than chicken. Limiting meat may be OK if you're getting plenty of other protein. But to prepare for a healthy pregnancy you should be getting a minimum of 60 grams protein daily, preferably 80 grams.
Please watch your protein carefully, and eat enough lamb or fish to get plenty of protein. Try and have lamb or fish at least once every day, the rest of your meat can be chicken if you wish. Your two eggs and quart of milk will give you around 36 grams or protein daily, so you will be able to eat less meat if you stick with that.
Low-Carb Breakfast Options
- Eggs and bacon
- Eggs and avocado slices
- Ground lamb and egg scramble
- Quiche made with whole milk eggs, leeks, and spicy ground lamb
- Thin-sliced lamb served spread with hummus and rolled (hummus is made from tahini)
- Chicken breast salads
- Baked fish
- Cream sauces over lamb or chicken
- Lamb Stews
- Strawberries, raspberries, or cranberries in heavy cream (this gives you the baby girl diet acidifying food while keeping blood sugar lower)
- Stawberries, raspberries, or cranberries in whole fat yogurt smoothies (keeps blood glucose low and helps you conceive faster)
- Cottage cheese